We are happy to announce that the CdE Biomodels will happen again this summer in the great atmosphere of the Hostal Santema, near Barcelona!
In contrast to the other CdE Akademies you don’t sign up beforehand to a single course. Instead you will have the opportunity to discuss and advance your recent ideas or research projects (involving bio-modelling), or find inspiration for new ones.
The academy will begin with a pitch of possible group projects where all participants are invited to share their current research problems. It will then commence with focused group work on selected projects during the daytime and lectures/ talks in the evening.
We specifically encourage you to participate if …
... you are currently working on a (bio-)modelling project that you would like to present, discuss and work on with interested peers.
... you don’t have a project of your own, but would love to team up with someone else and discuss and help to implement new ideas!
... you have a background in mathematics, informatics, physics, modelling or other theoretical sciences and are keen to apply your skills to real-world biological problems.
... you have a background in biology, mathematical/computational modeling and other sciences that benefit from modeling as a tool to answer interesting questions!
... you are an expert using a specific tool (e.g. deep learning, etc). In this case we also strongly encourage you to share your knowledge in an evening talk. This will be an additional opportunity for open discussions and will inform us all about relevant methods.
Previous projects were:
- Group coordination in foraging meerkats
- modelling leaf water dynamics based on experimental data
- introduction into basic modeling approaches
Confirmed evening talks:
- Deep Learning for Data Analysis in Medicine and Biology
- Elastic Cluster Programming in Google Cloud
- Analysis of Next Generation Sequencing and Ribosome Profiling Data
Of course there will also be time to relax and enjoy the beautiful Spanish coast!
Among many other alternatives you can:
- Enjoy our beautiful terrace with good music (the musically talented scientists among you are VERY welcome) and a fantastic view to the sea.
- Get to know the local flora and fauna
- Go for an early morning run to / along the coast (Only 500 metres away!) with possible cooling at the sea
- Try out kajaking
- Or simply relax by the pool
Click here to continue to the registration page.
When: 07 – 15 September 2017
Where: Hostal Santema, Caldes d'Estrac, Spanien (https://www.gruppenunterkuenfte.de/Hostal-Santema__t10407.html)
Cost: € 230 EUR
This includes the accommodation, fresh meals cooked by the participants themselves (simple pasta, but also fresh pizza and local fish) and probably an excursion in the beautiful surroundings. Contact us for more details about the past years.
We are looking forward to another inspiring Biomodels Workshop!
Your organisers – Cini, Oli, Ron, Sebastian & Steffen